Monday, October 12, 2009

My Rights As A Mom

If I could make a law it would be to have the right to deicide about the care of my child, even though I’m in the states custody. For example I should be able to choose my child’s doctor, day care, and how much I think he need’s to eat. When I think my son needs to see a doctor I should be able to get an appointment set up.


I think we should have this as a law because when your child is no longer in states custody you should be able to take responsibility as a mother. Practicing making these types of decisions now will help be more informed parent later. It is my own decision how I take of my child.

2 comments:

  1. Ashley, maybe you and Chelsey should get together and look at each other's research. I suggested to Chelsey that she (as well as you) may want to post an entry listing resources for information on parent's right when they are in placement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashley. Your blog was very thought-provoking. I think the whole issue of parents rights is very important. A friend of mine runs an organization in New York called In Arms Reach and it's all about helping children of parents who are incarcerated and helping to ensure that parents in custody can still have meaningful relationships with their children. It doesn't exactly deal with the issues you've raised, but it's another resource that might be worth looking at. I'm friends with the founder of the organization. The website is http://www.inarmsreach.net/

    ReplyDelete